Monday, April 30, 2012

Tonight

One year ago tonight Sara was spending her last moments here on this earth.   Even though the date was May 2nd, it was a Monday night, and so the memories are flooding back tonight.  As hard as it is to have her gone, I remember how difficult it was to watch Sara struggling for breath that last evening, and I am grateful that God did not prolong her suffering.  In those final moments, as she took her last breath, she opened her eyes and tracked something across the ceiling over our heads.  I wish we were able to talk with her. . . . I would love so much to ask her what she saw. . . .who was there.  I wonder if it was an angel. . .  or if it was Jesus Himself that was there to give her a hug and take her to heaven.  We love her and we miss her. . . . but we wouldn't wish her back here to continue to suffer this world's pain and heartache.  We wish her joy and laughter, singing and dancing, and perfect love in the presence of God.

3 comments:

  1. My mom did talk...she was saying family names who went before her...we were comfort with that and I believe she was glad to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs Noreen. My daughter Chrissy was reaching out to someone. I always wondered who she saw. Did she see Grammy coming to pick her up? My daughter was having trouble breathing too, and I hated seeing that. I would sit next to her or on the floor and stare at her. Like it would help, I stil don't know why I did that. Sunday, May 6th would have been her 27th birthday and we are going to her favorite place with friends/family for the evening (Virginia City), she has been gone 2 years as of Jan 17th. The morning after she left us, I had a very vivid picture of her laughing and talking with my sister-in-law who had already passed away a couple of years prior. They both looked so healthy and happy, Chrissy really loved her. I always feel that was my message that she would be ok. Keep your head above water, day to day living. Hugs from a mother who understands those feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, darling Noreen. I am so so sorry for your loss. I'm weeping with you now, and I'm also sorry if this brings fresh pain; but it must be communicated to you and to Woody. I'll write more later...Michael and I love you both. Deb

    ReplyDelete