Saturday, December 22, 2012

Everyday I have this conversation with myself. . . . . Everyone loses loved ones.  People live, people die.  People have diseases, physical, emotional, and mental ailments. . . some recover, some don't.  People lose loved ones to natural disasters, to accidents, to war, and to violent crime.  People have joy and happy moments, people have suffering, sorrow and heartache.  We all have it in differing degrees and circumstances. . . but we all experience it all.  It is a part of life here on this earth.

It reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3:1-11
There is an apointed time for everything. 
And there is a time for every event under heaven.
A time to give birth, and a time to die.
A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal.
A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh.
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing.
A time to search, and a time to give up as lost.
A time to keep, and a time to throw away.
A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together.
A time to be silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love, and a time to hate.
A time for war, and a time for peace.
HE has made everything appropriate in its time. 
HE has also set ETERNITY in their heart. . . . . .

Eternity is set in our hearts.  That is our hope in Jesus.  I pray for grace and strength to share the love of Jesus in my actions and words every day.  And when I am just empty, I pray for the discipline to keep my eyes upward instead of inward.  I pray that I won't offend or be offended, that I can forgive and be forgiven, that I can let go of things that I can't change, or that don't matter, and trust in the love and sovereignty of my Savior.  I pray that I will treasure every moment and every gift HE gives me, like Sara did.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine you ever sharing anything but His love in your actions and words...Just that you now have a reason that makes them even more beautiful to those who receive them. Love you.

    ReplyDelete