Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer's Over - Back to School

So another summer comes to an end.  This summer ended on a very high note with the birth of our third grandbaby on August 21st.  Graden Ames Timmerman joined his brother Wyatt, and sweet little cousin Ellery.  We feel so incredibly blessed to have been able to spend so much time with all of our children this summer, and to have plenty (although never enough) of grandma and grandpa time.

Enjoyed some good books, worked in the yard, grew some beautiful flowers, found some fun antiques (or maybe just good junk with character), did some craft projects, worked with children's musical theater camp and put on a fun pirate musical, spent a little time with friends, and spent a lot of time with family.  God has used many things this summer to keep me reflecting on where my heart is.  The best thing I know to do when things seem rough is to focus on blessings, and all I have to be thankful for.   So thankful for God's grace! 

The REAL pirates. . . .

 

And our precious grandchildren . . .


3 comments:

  1. Your blog gives me a little extra spring in my step these days....thank you for that. And congratulations on another little blessing! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this picture of Wyatt and Graden after Wyatt's hair cut makes me realize just how long it really was. It's probably a good thing you guys took him to get it cut... :) I guess I'm not ALWAYS right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back. I've been a slacker on my blog! I hope you have a great holiday weekend, and look forward to seeing more posts from you. <3

    ReplyDelete