Friday, October 21, 2011

Heaven

I have been thinking that weekends are the hardest. The busyness of the work week seems to keep my mind more than occupied.  But... . sometimes that intense busyness, combined with my slightly fragile (perhaps an understatement) emotional state, can push me over the edge.  Today I was teetering on the brink.  Thank goodness it is Friday!  Tonight I am very thankful for Woody, and for cheeseburgers and fries.  Woody also brought home a picture that he had found taped to an inconspicuous place on the desk in his office.  Since I recently learned to post pictures on my blog, I felt like this was a picture that needed to be shared.  On the back of this picture Sara had written her name and the word "Heaven".  I don't know if she intended the angel to be herself, but obviously that's what we see when we look at it now.  I love all the windows.  There is no date on the paper, but I'm guessing she was 7 or 8.   It is sometimes just hard to get through each day, and I try to keep speaking truth to myself, praying that God sets it in my heart.  Tonight this picture helped. 

1 comment:

  1. what a cute picture. She looks a little alarmed that she's floating in the air :).

    ReplyDelete