Friday, March 1, 2013

My God is SO BIG

I'm reading a book called "A Miracle For Jen".  It's the story of a family involved in a serious car accident, and their struggle through recovery.  It is told by the mom who was critically injured herself, as she chronicles their journey with their teenaged daughter, who suffered severe brain injury.  Their pain and suffering is horrific, but their faith is strong, and their story full of praise to God. 

It makes me think of the magnitude of our God.  Huge, immense, enormous, vast, great, BIG . . . I feel like I can't think of words that are big enough to describe His power, His character, or His presence!
We each have our own situations where we see God's hand and feel His presence.  Our joys, our sorrows, our trials, our own small slice of life.  Do you ever consider how God loves, is present, and working in everyone's lives simultaneously, and has been since the beginning of time?  It is hard to wrap my mind around that concept.  And in every situation His character and His presence are SO BIG!
We don't always feel Him near, or recognize His hand. . .I believe that is our own limitation.  Faith requires believing even when we don't see or feel.

Good reading in Sarah Young's "Jesus Lives" for today. . .
ADVERSITY
"No matter what hardships the world may throw at you, you have, in Me, everything you need to persevere.  Despair is a deep pit, and sometimes you totter around its edges, precariously close to falling in.  Your only hope at such times is to fix your eyes on Me.  The more perplexed you are, bewildered by complex circumstances, the easier it is to lose your balance.  To keep from falling, you must change your focus from your circumstances to My Presence.  This requires strenuous effort on your part, because you have not fully accepted the limitations of your mind.  Your natural tendency is to keep thinking about a difficult situation, trying to figure it out.  I am always near, eager to help you change your focus.
Though you may be hard pressed on every side, you need not be crushed by your difficulties.  You are not alone in your battles because I will never abandon you.  I am the Shepherd and Guardian of your soul.  I give you eternal life and you will never perish.  No one can snatch you out of My hand."

288.  The greatness of God - small word - HUGE concept
289.  The stories of others
290.  Today

No comments:

Post a Comment