Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A glimpse of her heart

The only journal we have of Sara's is from last year, February through April.  I have read it countless times, but there is something about going back and reading what she wrote a year ago today.  Last year at this time was when her pain began to be intense, and we all knew that the only thing we could do was to increase her pain meds.  After a particularly tough couple of days that we were struggling to re-adjust her meds and get the pain under control, this is what she wrote . . . .

March 28, 2011
"Another wonderful day Lord.  Thank you for a beautiful, relaxing day and a fun evening with the girls to top it all off.  Lord, as I journal tonight, I want to pray for and lift up anyone but myself. I feel like I'm constantly asking for help in certain areas, and always drawing the attention back to myself. I want to spend this time praying for others.  So as I begin Lord, please bring to mind people that are in need, that I need to be reminded to pray for. . . . "

I am so very thankful for every blessed minute that God gave us with Sara.  I pray that God increases my awareness to be thankful for all the blessings that surround me, and that I too am constantly reminded to pray for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment