Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shooting stars . . .here, then gone

For Christmas several years ago, I gave Sara a necklace that had a little silver disc with a star cutout in the center.  I remember searching specifically because she loved stars, and was so excited when I found it.  She wore it alot, and we have several pictures of her that show that necklace.  I began wearing that necklace after Sara died . . . just because.  Yesterday at school the necklace must have come unclasped. I had been out on bus duty, then came back in to my office, and the chain fell off onto the floor. . . . no star.  It is so ridiculous, but I almost felt like she died all over again.  Even still, I keep telling myself. . . it's just a necklace. 

It's not really the necklace.  I still just want what I can't have.  Acceptance is the constant battle.  And the truth of the matter is, I still don't really want to accept it.  Thankfully, God is patient.  Day by day, one step at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. I really feel for you Noreen. I wonder if a metal detector could find the star?! I would love to help you try.

    ReplyDelete