Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas in Heaven

My opinion on birthdays is . . . the older you get, the longer your season of celebration should be.   Young children have their special day, and we can usually make that one day pretty special for them.  Teenagers really need a couple of days.  Usually they need a celebration with their friends and maybe another one with family.  As you get into your 20s and 30s, it becomes necessary to celebrate the whole week, as schedules are just too hectic to make any one day totally enjoyable as a birthday should be.  I strongly believe that when you reach 50, you really deserve at least two weeks, and maybe even the whole month!
My mom is 83, and her birthday is in August.  I guess that means that we should still be celebrating her birthday - Happy December Mom!!   If my dad were still living, he would be turning 85 (or maybe 86) next Monday.  I have been thinking alot about my dad lately too, and thinking that he and Sara are celebrating together in heaven. 

Have you ever wondered if there are holidays in heaven?  I was thinking this morning that maybe heaven is like a constant Christmas celebration.  Earthly Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Jesus, God coming to earth in the form of man, to relate to man, and to be the sacrifice for our unworthiness.  It is a season of loving and giving. In heaven we will be focused on loving, worshipping, and praising God, celebrating and giving glory to Jesus. . . forever!!  So, I think it's safe to say that yes, in heaven we will celebrate Christmas, and Jesus's birthday all year long.

Kari has posted some excellent pictures of Christmas's past on her blog . . . littletimmer.blogspot.com.  I'm thankful for last Christmas. . . so thankful for all our kids.  I wish I had taken a ton more pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment