Sunday, December 4, 2011

Friends



Just spent a blessed weekend with dear friends of ours from California. Leslie has been my friend since college days, and her daughter,Chary, and Sara grew up together.  Sara was able to celebrate with Chary, and be in her wedding in June of 2010.  Chary moved to England later that summer as her husband was stationed there in the airforce.  Last January God was gracious, and made it possible for Chary to come and visit with Sara here in Fallon while she was in the states for a cousin's wedding.  The girls knew it might be their last time together on this earth.  I am so, so thankful they had that time. 

I have lots of Chary and Sara memories. . . the time they consumed a whole bottle of vitamin C in one sitting. . . . (both Chary and Sara admitted that Sara ate most of them). . . . the hot pink bathing suits they had when they were about 3 and 4. . . (Sara's with a bright blue elephant on the front that accentuated her tummy - years later she always asked, "WHY mom????"). . . . . .the times they spent at my mom & dad's house in Quartz Hill, dressing up in Jennifer Wilson's old prom dresses. . . . times after we moved to Nevada that Sara and I and Chary & Leslie would meet in Bishop just to hang out . . . . they are the kind of friends that are always friends,  no matter how far away, or how long it's been since we've been together. . . a blessing and a gift.  I was so afraid that I couldn't face the pain of being with them without Sara.  There was pain. . . but still a blessing and a gift. 

I've also been thinking about Sara being up in Salem with all her roomies at this time last year.  I think this is about the time they took their roommate pictures.  Sara absolutely loved that time.  That too was a blessing and a gift. 

1 comment:

  1. Noreen,

    I am hoping that I am posting this time. How I got here I'm not to sure...so hopefully I will be able to again. Love the pictures with Sara and you must have great memories of those times for you can see joy in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete