Sunday, September 9, 2012

Daisies

I have actually grown a gerbera daisy!  I probably should rephrase that and say, "I put a gerbera daisy in a pot in my front yard, and it is still relatively healthy and blooming!"  Plants at our house just don't seem to do very well for some reason.  We know our soil is incredibly lacking, but this last month we also tried increasing our watering time.  Yes, our water bill has almost doubled, but we have GREEN plants!  (funny thing)  I even have roses!  Now this daisy is not at all comparable to the beautiful plant on Kari's front porch in Oregon, and I'm certain it won't be perennial like the ones on Heidi's porch in Arizona, but for now, I am thrilled with this little plant that is blooming so beautifully.

So many things we take for granted, and all are God's gracious gifts. . . . family, health, the beauty of nature. . . . .
174.  My mom and my mom-in-law. . . gracious, beautiful, precious ladies
175.  Green plants and colorful flowers
176.  Sprinkler systems. . . even though they always need to be fixed
177.  WATER and SUNSHINE

No comments:

Post a Comment