Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Interesting reading in my devotional book on Monday. . . . .JESUS CALLING. . . .

"You will not find My Peace by engaging in EXCESSIVE planning, attempting to control what will happen to you in the future.  When your  mind spins with multiple plans, peace may sometimes seem to be within your grasp, yet it always eludes you.  Just when you think you have prepared for all possibilities, something unexpected pops up and throws things into confusion. 
I did not design the human mind to figure out the future.  That is beyond your capability.  I crafted your mind for continual communication with Me.  Bring Me all your needs, your hopes and fears.  Commit everything into My care.  Turn from the path of planning to the path of Peace."  (taken from 1 Peter 5:6-7, Proverbs 16:9, and Psalm 37:5)

You would think that I would have learned this by now.  But yet, even when I read this, if I'm honest with myself, my first thoughts are. . . "No!  I need to plan, I NEED to be prepared!"
As with anything, I suppose much of it has to do with BALANCE. . . . the priority I place on my planning, and the intensity with which I respond when things don't go according to MY plan, and yes, the focus of my heart.  Learning this will be a life-long process. 

1 comment:

  1. If we let Him be, the Lord is the perfect "Balancer". Only He stands above the maze we're in. When we hit a wall, all we have to do is look up to Him and He will guide us. <3 u

    ReplyDelete