Saturday, November 5, 2011

no one in particular - everyone in general


On Saturdays as I clean my house, I end up spending alot of time looking at pictures, knick knacks, and things around the house that remind me of Sara. . .that are all about Sara.  I need to think about her and talk about her, but I don't really want to talk to anyone.  I don't want to burden anyone, and there is nothing anyone can say or do, it's just that need to keep her memory alive.  I start to feel guilty for continuing to write about Sara on my blog, but then I figure, this is the perfect place where I can talk to "no one in particular, but everyone in general".  That is pretty much what a blog is about isn't it? 

This picture hangs on the wall in our bedroom.  I especially like it because it brings alot of life's seasons together for me.  The frame was a gift from my best friend in college, Amy, who lives in Iowa, and who I haven't seen since Sam was a baby.  The picture is one of Sara's senior pictures, taken by another friend here in Fallon, Tim, whose sweet daughter Mackenzie now attends Corban University and helps with children's ministries at Grace Baptist Church in Salem, just like Sara did.  Amy sent the frame as a gift right after Sara died.  I love it, and I love that we just happened to have the perfect picture to put in it. 

I am thankful for memories, and so thankful for my family. 

3 comments:

  1. I love to hear Sara stories! Please keep blogging - calling is good too if you need to know someone is listening - you are NEVER a burden. :)

    Love you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning the devotional book, "Jesus is calling". I bought it for my daughter before she left for college in September. I often sit and hope she is reading it. I am going to ask her to fill me in on some of her favorite days! Thank you for inspiring me to think of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am remembering a rose story you told me once with Sara seeing this picture. I know that this is a different time...but I remember Sara's humor. Know that when you are ready to talk about Sara and what you feel that I and may of us are here.

    ReplyDelete