Saturday, November 26, 2011

So thankful for all our children and their spouses... and for our precious little grandson. So thankful for my mom, and my brother and his family.... so thankful for all of Woody's family.  I pray everyone had a wonderful time of thanksgiving being with people they love. 

We spent the weekend in Oregon at Kari & Brett's, with Sam & Kimberly, Heidi & Brady, and my mom joining us there. We decided that collectively, we are pretty good cooks!  We had a perfect turkey, yummy mashed potatoes & gravy, delicious asparagus casserole, incredibly creative stuffing (including celery, red onion, apples, craisins, and pecans), a strawberry, cream cheese, pretzel salad (that Brett called a side casserole - but seemed more like dessert), and to top it all off. . . homemade (via Heidi and a magazine recipe) salted caramel pie.  The whole meal was truly Betty Crocker worthy.  On Friday night we enjoyed the company of several of Sara's friends (Nash, Liz & Brent, and Kristen), and tried our hand at making homemade scotchmallows.  That was an adventure too, and we gave See's a pretty good run for their money!  I am thankful to know that Sara would have loved and enjoyed every minute, and the only place she'd rather be, is where she is now. 

2 comments:

  1. I love your courage and stories, Noreen. Peg. p.s.the above comment was from me!

    ReplyDelete