Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30th

I haven't written much lately, mostly because I haven't felt like many of my thoughts are worth sharing.  Oh, my mind goes non-stop, my thoughts go up and down and 'round and 'round.  I have so many blessings and so many things to be thankful for, but my heart hurts so much.  I analyze, re-analyze, and over-analyze, trying to figure things out and "get a grip".  I hurt, but there are SO MANY hurts and problems in this world.  It sometimes seems easier just to try to become numb to it all.  But that isn't really any easier.

Here is an amazing thing. . . . have you ever noticed how a daily devotional book often hits you right between the eyes, exactly when you need it?  What a GOD thing!  I don't know if it is appropriate to copy from someone else on to your own blog. . . . but this is from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. . . written for November 30th. . . .

"Problems are a part of life. They are inescapable, woven into the very fabric of this fallen world.  You tend to go into problem-solving mode all too readily, acting as if you have the capacity to fix everything. This is a habitual response, so automatic that it bypasses your conscious thinking.  Not only does this habit frustrate you, it also distances you from Me.  Do not let fixing things be your top priority. You are ever so limited in your capacity to correct all that is wrong in the world around you. Don't weigh yourself down with responsibilities that are not your own. Instead, make your relationship with Me your primary concern.  Talk with me about whatever is on your mind, seeking My perspective on the situation.  Rather than trying to fix everything that comes to your attention, ask me to show you what is truly important.  Remember that you are en route to heaven, and let your problems fade in the Light of eternity."

The verses listed with this reading (which you need to read) are Luke 10:41-42 and Psalm 32:8.  BUT, you actually need to read Psalm 32:1-7.  I have to post the beginning and the ending. . . "How blessed is she whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered!. . . Thou art my hiding place.  Thou dost preserve me from trouble.  Thou dost surround me with songs of deliverance."  :)

And. . . I'm thinking I might start posting all the "Sara stories" that are constantly running through my head.  I want to remember them all.  They are good things.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, please post all of your "Sara stories"! We love to hear them, too, to remember and to smile with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing your Sara stories and I think sharing them would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete