Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving

I will be THANKFUL.  I AM thankful.  I choose thankfulness.  God IS good.  His lovingkindness is everlasting.  His mercies to me are new every morning.  There are daily reminders of His work in my life.  I am looking forward to this weekend with family, and dreading it at the same time. 

The easiest way to face life is to pocket the pain and move forward.  Sometimes there is just no way around facing it, and it just hurts.  I am still thankful.  I think I want to stop analyzing everything this week, and just BE in His presence . . . with thanksgiving. 

2 comments:

  1. I find myself more aware this time of year of things that I should be thankful for all the year long....my wife, my kids....grandkids, roof over head and food on the table and especially a loving relationship with family, friends and God. That is why you and Woody have touched so many hearts in this community and our church....you both help to nuture that love with your caring and openess. Thank you Noreen for being you...and for having that special ( musical ) friendship with Kim. The Grantham's love you both. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You radiate grace and thankfulness. Of course, you have mixed feelings around holidays and family gatherings. Every occassion just twists the knife in that wound left by Sara's passing. I believe that God will heal much of that wound but it is going to take time -lots of it. It will hurt until you meet up with Sara in heaven. Don't be so hard on yourself, OK?
    love, Sandy Granger

    ReplyDelete