Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Forever Sunshine. . . in the Fall

Sometimes I have a need to go searching for something tangible that sparks a new or fresh memory of Sara.  This morning it was looking (again) through the pictures on her laptop (which Woody and I both use regularly - with all Sara's stuff on it - which is comforting).  I have decided that I am never going to apologize for continuing to write about Sara, or feel like I ought to "move on", since she is the one and only reason I started writing and blogging in the first place.  I started this with CaringBridge when Sara was diagnosed with cancer.  "Letters on Lined Paper" is something Sara loved to write and to receive, and in a sense I'm still writing for and because of her.  Sara is the heart of my blog.  I breathe a sigh of relief just putting that out there, acknowledging that there NEVER needs to come a time when I stop remembering and talking about her.  This morning I found a picture I had never noticed before, and I love it.  It is so "Sara".  When I got up at 5:00 this morning, I noticed that it really, truly IS getting a little cooler in the mornings.  Fall is coming!  This picture of Sara must have been taken in the Fall up in Oregon.  It was in her folder marked kdog's pics  (Kristen A. - love this girl too!)

154.  Pictures worth a thousand words
155.  Late afternoon phone conversations with Kari (on her way home from work)
156.  Early moring phone conversations with Heidi (on her way to work)
157.  Conversations with Sam anytime he has time
158.  That Woody comes to school to put up the soccer goal nets for me - my 4th and 5th graders
          LOVE him!
159.  Our Forever Sunshine


1 comment:

  1. Please keep talking about Sara. I love hearing from the heart of a mama!

    ReplyDelete