Saturday, August 4, 2012

Moments that take your breath away. . . .

101.  33 years with the love of my life - Happy Anniversary Woody!
102.  The Original Pancake House in Salem, Oregon
103.  Pumpkin pancakes with REAL whipped cream
104.  The denseness and varied greens of Oregon vegetation - gorgeous!
105.  Playing baseball, golf, lacrosse, and hockey all at the same time - with Wyatt
106.  The different perspectives we gain from books. . . and conversation
107.  Our children and spouses. . . and grandchild. . . priceless
108.  Walks in old neighborhoods
109.  Summer Olympics
110.  A change of scenery
111.  Moments that take your breath away


Sam and Kimberly moved out of their apartment and into an older little house in an older neigborhood in Salem.  Last night we all took a walk and followed a dead end street up a hill where the houses and landscape got more and more charming with every step we took.  At the end of the lane we stepped up to a break in the trees and this was the view (picture taken by Kimberly).  Yes. . . . a moment that took our breath away.  I do love Oregon! 

I haven't blogged for awhile.  My thoughts and comtemplations sometimes become stale, and I just sit staring at the blank screen.  I am so thankful for a change of scenery and different perspectives.  I read a book that surprised and helped me on our drive up to Oregon. . . . but I'll share that next time.  Getting ready to go celebrate our anniversary with a family breakfast at the Original Pancake House (perhaps my favorite restaurant).  Heidi and Brady we miss you and wish you were here!!!!   If we could we'd all come to Phoenix for dinner at Oregano's ( my favorite Phoenix restaurant). 

No comments:

Post a Comment