Wednesday, August 15, 2012

round and round and up and down

120.  Fall is coming (not for awhile. . . but surely coming)
121.  Knowing that air conditioning does exist, and there are places you can go to experience it, even if it isn't my house (half-hearted swamp cooler), or at work (air conditioning under repairs)
122.  Fallon temperatures in the low hundreds instead of the "teen" hundreds as it is in Phoenix and other places
123.  ICE water
124.  Fans
125.  ICE COLD watermelon

(Do you get the idea that I'm hot??) 

126.  Parkside Bible Fellowship
127.  Numa Elementary School
128.  CCHS girl's soccer
129.  CCHS / Community musical theater
130.  Jobs and community opportunities that provide Woody and I with active/creative outlets that make us get out and among people - when otherwise we might just hole up and "hermitize"
131.  Conversations with dear people that help give new and broader perspective

I think I have always had a tendency to be rather introspective and contemplative. . . but lately I feel like I have become even more so.  Perhaps that is due to the seemingly constant need to keep sorting out my rollercoaster of emotions.  Sometimes I think I can ease up my grip a little. . . . but then I round a curve and take another plunge.  I suppose that is just the ride of this life. . . that we are all on. I find it hard to talk with anyone about the "ride".   I end up thinking that is probably a "control issue".  I want to be able to figure it out, to be able to "hold myself together". . . . or whatever you call it.  And mostly, I just. . . . .can't.

And. . . I know it's because it isn't about me. . . it's about God, and what He has done and is doing.  I was talking with some friends this last Sunday about the music from The Story, which caused me to look online and research that a little more.  "The Story" is a collection of Bible stories. . . .but the emphasis is that the stories are not really about the people. . . . but the truth about WHO God is and what HE does in and through people.  That in itself is a concept that I need to keep wrapping my brain around. 

It has been another difficult week in Fallon, with another family losing their precious 18 year old son in a tragic accident, that also took the lives of 3 others.  We can't see the rhyme or reason for these tragedies. . . and even if we could, they would still be hard to accept.  Lifting up the families and all those hurting. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment