Sunday, August 26, 2012

Prayer

148.  The power and privilege of prayer.

Prayer. . . here is a confession. . . since Sara's death almost 16 months ago, this is one of the things I have struggled with.  I know my struggle involves the acceptance of God's will, which is the very essence of prayer.  I surrender. . . I struggle. . . I surrender. . . .I struggle. . .   Prayer isn't about changing God's mind, it's about adjusting the focus of our hearts.  But still the doubts swirl and swell . . . I didn't pray enough, I didn't pray correctly, I didn't have enough faith, etc., etc.   So my prayers have been simply "Forgive me Lord", "Thank you Lord", "Help me Lord", "Help ________Lord".  I don't know what else to pray.  Woody taught from Colossians 4 today, verse 12.  This stuck . . . "laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may be fully assured in all the will of God."  There you have it. 

I love words, I love rhymes.  This came to mind today. . .

There is joy, just not so sweet.  There are good times, incomplete.
Life continues, good and bad, sometimes happy, sometimes sad.
To memories my heart still clings.  I'm thankful for the peace that brings.
God is faithful, time He gave, so those memories we could save.
Looking forward feels so strange.  I crave familiar, yet also, change.
Trusting God is the only way, but it's so hard, it's hard to pray.
God is bigger than my fear.  In spite of me, He's always near.
Lord, You're constant, ever true.  Please keep my heart in tune with You. 

149.  People who pray
150.  The first day of a new school year - looking forward to seeing all my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment