Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Childhood Cancer Awareness

September is "Childhood Cancer Awareness Month".   Funny, I never knew this before.  We have all seen the little pink ribbons that stand for breast cancer awareness, but until Sara's diagnosis, I never knew that there are similar little yellow ribbons to promote childhood cancer awareness.  My eyes have been opened. 

I am thankful for all those that have battled a childhood cancer and are surviving.  My prayers are with you still, because I know there are ongoing side effects and fears.  I pray for those children and young people and their families who are in the midst of the battle.  I understand it now, and I pray for you to be filled with courage and hope.  I pray for those families who have lost a child to this disease. I know there are many. 

Especially since our other kids are grown, married, and living away from home - I am so thankful to be able to go to work and be surrounded by my 450 school kids!  There are hurts, heartaches, and struggles there too.  Our kids deal with so much these days.  It helps to be thankful for the little things. . . and the little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment