Monday, September 5, 2011

We got to spend a few hours with some dear friends of Sara's yesterday.  I LOVE when they come to visit.  I love them all so much.  It just makes me miss her with such an intensity it is hard to bear.  I think we still pretend that she is just away for awhile.  Maybe we will always pretend that.  I know we will see her again someday. . . .but it is just . . . . different. 

It seems like life here on earth is a constant struggle of finding a balance. . . . in how we spend our time, in our emotions, in all the situations that just keep coming at us.  I think that is what makes it . . . . life.

Life is like an old hall clock, the time keeps ticking by.
The pendulum swings back and forth, we laugh and then we cry.
We're always striving for a balance, trying to find that middle ground,
where everything seems stable, instead of constant 'round and 'round.
I will fix my eyes on Jesus, seek the center of His will,
and look ahead to heaven, when that earthly pendulum stands still.

Is it the musician in me that likes words to have rhythm and rhyme????

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy that you have created this blog, noreen! yay for you! i love your writing style and your heartfelt words and inspirations. thank you for letting us all be a part of everything. i think it would be possible to google the steps it would take to get a book published. so keep at it and i love the title! xoxo, and love, peg buckner

    ReplyDelete