Monday, September 19, 2011

Song From Philippians

Last January, the week before Sara went to the hospital in Salem, and was then care-flighted to UCSF with her lung full of fluid, I wrote a song that combined Sara's favorite verse, Woody's favorite verse, and my favorite verses. . . all from Philippians.  It was like the lull before the storm.  The kids had all been home for Christmas, and then left for New Year's.  Sara had gone back up to Oregon to get in some hours at work, and to spend some fun time with her roommates before finishing up her senior year of college.  We knew at that point that Sara's cancer had returned, but we were still hopeful that the new chemo she was taking would be effective, and that God would work a miracle.  I was reading Philippians then, just as I'm doing now.  I gave Sara a copy of the song sometime last winter, but don't think I ever actually played it for her. 
After Woody's sermon last Sunday, I remembered that I had it tucked away, and thought that now would be a good time to share it.  Someday maybe I will have the technology to put music on my blog, but for now, these are the lyrics. . . which are really just the scripture verses put together.

I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.
I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.
Being confident of this, that He who began His work
in my life, will perfect it in His time.

Rejoice in the Lord, and again I say rejoice.
Rejoice in the Lord, and again I say rejoice.
Let your patience be known, be known to all men,
for the Lord, Himself, is always near.

Be anxious for nothing, but in prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

And the peace of God, which surpasses all we know,
yes, the peace of God, which surpasses all we know,
shall guard our hearts and minds, give shelter to our souls,
and surround us in the love of Christ, our Lord.
And surround us in the love of Christ, our Lord.

1 comment:

  1. love it, love you. i want to hear all your songs someday. maybe you could make a cd???

    ReplyDelete